Pres. Obama's Address to Joint Session of Congress, Sept. 8, 2011, plus opposition responses
Pres. Obama addressed a Joint Session of Congress on Sept. 8, 2011,
to introduce his "American Jobs Act".
Excerpts below, including those from the responses from the Republican contenders for President.
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Budget & Economy|
Newt Gingrich: No sequel to failed stimulus & job-killing policies.
Thad McCotter: "Stimulus" just means more taxes, spending, & deficits.
Buddy Roemer: Government stimulus creates jobs, but only in China.
Gary Johnson: Trillion-dollar stimulus failed; so will another $450B?
Jon Huntsman: OpEd: Huntsman offers most pro-growth proposal ever.
Rick Perry: We cannot spend our way to prosperity.
Herman Cain: Block proposals for more spending and debt.
Barack Obama: $4,000 tax credit for companies who hire unemployed workers.
Michele Bachmann: We need to give job creators certainty.
Mitt Romney: America needs a conservative businessman to recover economy.
Michele Bachmann: Longer unemployment means people less likely to find jobs.
Mitt Romney: Obama's policies have put 2.5 million Americans out of work.
Principles & Values|
Barack Obama: Compact in past decades: do your job & make it in America.
Ron Paul: Routinely skips presidential speeches as "a bunch of fluff".
Barack Obama: We need a tax code where everybody pays their fair share.
Gary Johnson: Replace job-killing tax code with FairTax.
Jon Huntsman: Eliminate loopholes & make code flatter & simpler.
Michele Bachmann: Reduce repatriation tax to zero percent.
Barack Obama: Investing in the future is federal responsibility.
The above quotations are from Pres. Obama's Address to Joint Session of Congress, Sept. 8, 2011, plus opposition responses.
- CNN Arizona debate (Feb. 22, 2012)
- CNN Florida debate (Jan. 26, 2012)
- CNN South Carolina debate (Jan. 19, 2012)
- Fox News South Carolina debate (Jan. 16, 2012)
- Meet the Press New Hampshire debate (Jan. 8, 2012)
- WMUR-New Hampshire debate (Jan. 7, 2012)
- Yahoo's "Your Voice Your Vote" debate (Dec. 10, 2011)
- CNN National Security debate (Nov. 22, 2011)
- S.C. foreign policy Debate (Nov. 12, 2011)
- Your-Money-Your-Vote Debate (Nov. 9, 2011)
- Cain vs. Gingirch head-to-head (Nov. 5, 2011)
- Las Vegas debate (Oct. 18, 2011)
- Dartmouth N.H. debate (Oct. 11, 2011)
- Orlando Google debate (Sept. 22, 2011)
- Tea Party debate (Sept. 12, 2011)
- American Jobs Act debate (Sept. 8, 2011)
- Reagan Library debate (Sept. 7, 2011)
- Iowa Straw Poll debate (Aug. 11, 2011)
- Twitter debate (July 21, 2011)
- St. Anselm NH debate (June 13, 2011)
- Faith & Freedom Conference (June 4, 2011)
- South Carolina debate (May 5, 2011)
- NRA Conference (May 1, 2011)
- CPAC Conference (Feb. 10, 2011)
- "The Hannity Primary" (Interviews 2011-2012)
- Interview with Green Party's Jill Stein (Dec. 21, 2011)