2011 GOP debate at Spaulding Auditorium on the campus of Dartmouth College, in Hanover, New Hampshire
2011 GOP debate at Dartmouth College, NH:
At the Spaulding Auditorium on the campus of Dartmouth College,
in Hanover, New Hampshire, the Bloomberg-Washington Post Republican Presidential Debate.
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Budget & Economy|
Herman Cain: Make sure that revenues equals spending.
Herman Cain: Wall St bailout was a win-win; but administered poorly.
Michele Bachmann: Subprime mortgage crisis due to errors by feds, not banks.
Michele Bachmann: Cut taxes & cut spending instead of raising debt limit.
Mitt Romney: Cap how much government can spend as a percentage of GDP.
Rick Perry: I pushed TX to 2nd-lowest debt per capita in the US.
Rick Perry: I've signed six balanced budgets in Texas.
Rick Perry: Don't trade tax increases for spending cuts; BBA instead.
Rick Santorum: TARP was biggest government intrusion into private sector.
Ron Paul: Auditing the fed revealed $5T loaned to foreign banks.
Ron Paul: Housing bubble was predictable; we had too many houses.
Jon Huntsman: Wipe clean all corporate welfare loopholes and deductions.
Mitt Romney: No individual bailouts; but preserve financial system.
Mitt Romney: Net-net, Bain Capital created tens of thousands of new jobs.
Mitt Romney: Big banks handle massive regulations; small banks get killed.
Energy & Oil|
Rick Perry: Put 1.2 million Americans to work in domestic energy.
Families & Children|
Rick Santorum: Poverty rate 5% with two parents; 30% with one parent.
Jon Huntsman: Get used to 21st century of US and China on the world stage.
Jon Huntsman: China will say our QE1 and QE2 were currency manipulation.
Mitt Romney: China is a currency manipulator; go after them for cheating.
Mitt Romney: China doesn't want to have a trade war; so push hard.
Rick Santorum: I'm for making US more competitive than China.
Jon Huntsman: ObamaCare can't be waived without repealing the mandate.
Michele Bachmann: Don't let a federal political board make medical decisions.
Mitt Romney: ObamaCare waivers on Day One; repeal bill on Day Two.
Rick Perry: States innovate on healthcare; feds are one-size-fits-all.
Rick Perry: Block-grants to states allows real healthcare innovation.
Rick Santorum: Liberal states won't waive ObamaCare; we must repeal it.
Mitt Romney: It's a terrible idea to cut defense.
Mitt Romney: Devoted to making America the strongest nation on Earth.
Newt Gingrich: It's nonsense to disarm America to balance the budget.
Rick Perry: Focus on bringing jobs back from China like we did in Texas.
Rick Santorum: Offshore jobs return if you repeal manufacturing regulations.
Principles & Values|
Rick Perry: I converted from Democrat at a younger age than Reagan did.
Herman Cain: Cut payroll tax from 15.3% to 9%, to balance 9% sales tax.
Mitt Romney: 1-year payroll tax cut is a band-aid; make permanent changes.
Herman Cain: Congress will be barred from raising sales tax over 9%.
Herman Cain: 9-9-9 plan is revenue-neutral and expands the tax base.
Michele Bachmann: No national sales tax; no new revenue stream for Congress.
Mitt Romney: Rich are doing fine; Poor have safety net; Middle needs help.
Newt Gingrich: Obama divides us by going after people who make over $250K.
Jon Huntsman: Maintain a strong commitment to innovation & new products.
Rick Perry: Texas Enterprise Fund: $14B invested in emerging technology.
Welfare & Poverty|
Herman Cain: I connect with pain because I was po' before I was poor.
The above quotations are from 2011 GOP debate at Spaulding Auditorium on the campus of Dartmouth College, in Hanover, New Hampshire.
- CNN Arizona debate (Feb. 22, 2012)
- CNN Florida debate (Jan. 26, 2012)
- CNN South Carolina debate (Jan. 19, 2012)
- Fox News South Carolina debate (Jan. 16, 2012)
- Meet the Press New Hampshire debate (Jan. 8, 2012)
- WMUR-New Hampshire debate (Jan. 7, 2012)
- Yahoo's "Your Voice Your Vote" debate (Dec. 10, 2011)
- CNN National Security debate (Nov. 22, 2011)
- S.C. foreign policy Debate (Nov. 12, 2011)
- Your-Money-Your-Vote Debate (Nov. 9, 2011)
- Cain vs. Gingirch head-to-head (Nov. 5, 2011)
- Las Vegas debate (Oct. 18, 2011)
- Dartmouth N.H. debate (Oct. 11, 2011)
- Orlando Google debate (Sept. 22, 2011)
- Tea Party debate (Sept. 12, 2011)
- American Jobs Act debate (Sept. 8, 2011)
- Reagan Library debate (Sept. 7, 2011)
- Iowa Straw Poll debate (Aug. 11, 2011)
- Twitter debate (July 21, 2011)
- St. Anselm NH debate (June 13, 2011)
- Faith & Freedom Conference (June 4, 2011)
- South Carolina debate (May 5, 2011)
- NRA Conference (May 1, 2011)
- CPAC Conference (Feb. 10, 2011)
- "The Hannity Primary" (Interviews 2011-2012)
- Interview with Green Party's Jill Stein (Dec. 21, 2011)