Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
| Fire and Fury,|
by Michael Wolff (2018)
| Trump Revealed,|
by Michael Kranish and Marc Fisher (2016)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2016)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
by Cory Booker (2016)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
2022 Florida Gubernatorial race: debates and news coverage
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from 2022 FL Governor's race (number of quotes indicated):
- Charlie Crist (3) Florida Democratic Governor Challenger
- Nikki Fried (7) Florida Democratic Challenger
- Rick Scott (2) Florida Republican Governor
- Ron DeSantis (1) Florida Republican candidate for governor
- Val Demings (1) Democratic Challenger Florida
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
2022 Florida Gubernatorial debates and race coverage:
- Tallahassee Democrat, "Florida governor's race: GOP goes after Nikki Fried after she amends financial disclosures," by Jim Rosica, 6/6/21
- Politico.com, "Florida's Nikki Fried jumps into 2022 race to challenge DeSantis," by Bruce Ritchie, 06/02/2021
- Fox News, "DeSantis blasts Democrat Nikki Fried after she joins Florida governor race: 'She's a lockdown lobbyist'," by Evie Fordham, June 2, 2021
- The Jewish Exponent, "Nikki Fried, Florida's Jewish Agricultural Commissioner, to Run for Governor," June 2, 2021
- NYTimes.com, "Florida's Democratic agricultural commissioner, Nikki Fried, announces her bid for governor.," by Patricia Mazzei, June 1, 2021
- CNN.com, "Nikki Fried, only statewide elected Democrat in Florida, enters race for governor," by Dan Merica, June 1, 2021
- The Tampa Bay Times, "Charlie Crist declares another run for Florida governor: 'Stop the division and hate'," by Steve Contorno, 5/4/21
- CNN Politics, "Democratic Rep. Charlie Crist announces another bid for Florida governor," by Veronica Stracqualursi, May 4, 2021
- Bay News 9 Spectrum, "Charlie Crist makes it official: He's running for the Democratic nomination for governor," by Mitch Perry, May 04, 2021
- The Tampa Bay Times: "What's next for Florida's Val Demings after a breakout 2020?," by Steve Contorno, Dec. 29, 2020
- Politico blog: "Republicans rage as Florida becomes a nightmare for Trump," by Gary Fineout and Marc Caputo, 04/03/2020
- (More race coverage soon in the coming months...)
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Nikki Fried: Banning transgender kids in sports is peddling hate.
Val Demings: To cops after George Floyd:"What in the hell are you doing?".
Charlie Crist: Supports legalizing recreational marijuana.
Energy & Oil|
Nikki Fried: Middle of the road policies got C-minus from Sierra Club.
Nikki Fried: I am supporting the American-Israeli relationship.
Nikki Fried: Been transparent on finances including past filing mistakes.
Nikki Fried: Would reverse restrictions on voting rights.
Charlie Crist: Criticized restrictive elections bill & anti-riot bill.
Nikki Fried: Holds medical marijuana card and concealed-weapons permit.
Rick Scott: Designed unemployment system with maximum $275/week benefit.
Ron DeSantis: Oversaw unemployment system with maximum $275/week benefit.
Principles & Values|
Nikki Fried: We can build a state that gives power back to you.
Charlie Crist: We need to stop the division and hate; bring state together.
Rick Scott: Saved business more than $2.3 billion in unemployment taxes.
The above quotations are from 2022 Florida Gubernatorial race: debates and news coverage.
Next election in 2022;
Incumbent Ron DeSantis(R)
vs.Former Gov.Charlie Crist(D)
vs.Rep.Stephanie Murphy(? D)
vs.Agriculture Commissioner Nikki Fried(D)
Past gubernatorial races:
2018 Florida gubernatorial debate,
Gwen Graham (D)
Andrew Gillum (D)
Adam Putnam (R)
Mike Huckabee (R)
Former gubernatorial races:
2014 Florida gubernatorial debate
2018-22 Governors' book excerpts:
- Can't Is Not an Option, by Gov. Nikki Haley (R,SC)
- Crossroads, by Gov. Andrew Cuomo (D,NY)
- Dialogues, by Governor Jerry Brown (D,CA)
- From Power to Purpose, by Gov. Sam Brownback (R,KS)
- Governor`s Travels, by Gov. Angus King (I,ME)
- Leadership and Crisis, by Gov. Bobby Jindal (R,LA)
- The Opposite of Woe, by Gov. John Hickenlooper (D,CO)
- A Reason to Believe, by Gov. Deval Patrick (D,MA)
- Romney: An Inside Look, about Gov. Mitt Romney (R,MA)
- Scorpions for Breakfast, by Gov. Jan Brewer (R,AZ)
- Stand For Something, by Gov. John Kasich (R,OH)
- Unintimidated, by Governor Scott Walker (R,WI)
- What A Party!, by Gov. Terry McAuliffe (D,VA)
- 2020 Senatorial debates: