Books by and about 2016 presidential candidates|
| Hard Choices,|
by Hillary Clinton (2014)
| Crippled America ,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
| American Dreams,|
by Marco Rubio (2015)
| Taking a Stand,|
by Rand Paul (2015)
by Scott Walker (2013)
| A Time for Truth,|
by Ted Cruz (2015)
| One Nation,|
by Ben Carson (2014)
| Trump/Pence vs. Clinton/Kaine On the Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Living History ,|
by Hillary Rodham Clinton (2003)
| Between Hope and History ,|
by Bill Clinton (1996)
| In Harmís Way ,|
by Dr. Jill Stein (2000)
| Democrat vs. Republican vs. Green vs. Libertarian,|
Four Party's Presidential Nominees On The Issues (2016)
Books by and about 2012 presidential candidates|
| Ten Letters
about Pres. Barack Obama (2011)
| Do Not Ask What Good We Do
about Rep. Paul Ryan (2012)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
The Ayn Rand Letter
by Ayn Rand
(Click for Amazon book review)
Click here for 15 full quotes from Ayn Rand in the book The Ayn Rand Letter.
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
A piece of protoplasm has no human rights.
Budget & Economy|
Inflation is plunder; would be criminal if citizens did it.
Inflation does not cause growth, but debases the currency.
Racial quotas are obviously racist.
Preferential treatment by race means racial quotas.
Business, not labor, initiated federal economic intervention.
Punishment should be guided by retribution, not reform.
Energy & Oil|
Energy crises caused by unpredictability of government rules.
Politics caused 1973 oil shortages, not Arab oil embargo.
Ecology principle condemns cities & people.
Not "Better Red Than Dead": but "Better See The Reds Dead".
Compulsory unions raise wages but hurt rest of society.
Principles & Values|
Christianity causes civil war because it requires altruism.
There is no "right" to economic security.
Soaking the rich reduces investment & doesn't help others.
Click for quotations from other sources by:
- Ayn Rand
The above quotations are from The Ayn Rand Letter
by Ayn Rand.
Related books, debates, and political philosophers:
- Ayn Rand Nation, The Hidden Struggle for America's Soul (2012)
- Ayn Rand Answers, The Best of her Q & A, by Robert Mayhew (2005)
- The Return of the Primitive, The Anti-Industrial Revolution (1999)
- The Ayn Rand Column, Written for the Los Angeles Times (1998)
- The The Voice of Reason, Essays in Objectivist Thought (1990)
- The Ayn Rand Lexicon, Objectivism from A to Z (1988)
- Capitalism: The Unknown Ideal, by Ayn Rand (1986)
- The Ayn Rand Library, Vols. 1, 2, and 3 (1984)
- The Ayn Rand Letter, by Ayn Rand (1979)
- The Objectivist Newsletter and The Objectivist Forum, by Ayn Rand (1962-1965)
- The Virtue of Selfishness, by Ayn Rand (1964)