2012 Montana Senate Debate
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from 2012 Montana Senate Debates (number of quotes indicated):
- Dennis Rehberg (15)
- Jon Tester (13)
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
Montana Senate debates:
- New England Cable News coverage of Montana Senate debate, June 16, 2012
- The Republic coverage of the Montana Newspaper Association debate, June 17, 2012
- The Hill coverage of Montana Senate debate, June 25, 2012
- KULR-8 and The Hill coverage of Montana Senate debate, Oct. 8, 2012, sponsored by Billings Gazette Communications and Montana State University Billings.
- Debate at Flathead Valley Community College in Kalispell, Oct. 14, 2012; sponsored by the Daily Inter Lake; coverage by Billings Gazette and Daily Inter Lake.
- Missoula News coverage of fourth and final Senate debate, in Bozeman, Oct 22, 2012
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Budget & Economy|
Dennis Rehberg: $787B stimulus package did not create jobs.
Jon Tester: $787B in stimulus spending was step in the right direction.
Dennis Rehberg: Refused to toe the party line on CAFTA.
Jon Tester: Prevent abuses by "too-big-to-fail" banks on Wall Street.
Jon Tester: Citizens United puts democracy at risk.
Energy & Oil|
Dennis Rehberg: Help avoid closure of Billings coal-fired power plant.
Dennis Rehberg: Cap-and-trade policy is an energy tax.
Dennis Rehberg: EPA is heavy-handed; don't pick winners and losers.
Jon Tester: Sought removal of wolves from the endangered list.
Dennis Rehberg: It's not about campaign spending; it's government spending.
Jon Tester: Citizens United is scary for democracy.
Dennis Rehberg: Citizens United ok: political free speech is most important.
Dennis Rehberg: Supports cutting Public Broadcasting Service & Americorps.
Jon Tester: Oppose Citizens United: limit corporate political spending.
Dennis Rehberg: There should be nothing more free than political free speech.
Jon Tester: Citizens United ruling puts democracy at risk.
Dennis Rehberg: Citizens United: nothing more free than political speech.
Dennis Rehberg: No Supreme Court Justices who are hostile to 2nd Amendment.
Jon Tester: Protect people with pre-existing medical conditions.
Jon Tester: Irresponsible to put two wars on credit card.
Jon Tester: Touts bipartisanship; voted against DREAM Act.
Dennis Rehberg: End the inheritance tax completely.
Jon Tester: Extend Bush exemption for inheritance tax up to $10M.
Dennis Rehberg: We need tax certainty ; make Bush tax cuts permanent.
Dennis Rehberg: Eliminate the death tax entirely.
Jon Tester: Limit inheritance tax to estates over $5 million.
Jon Tester: Stimulus for Going-to-the-Sun National Park roads.
Dennis Rehberg: Montana solutions: rural transportation infrastructure.
The above quotations are from 2012 Montana Senate Debate.
Page last edited: Nov 03, 2012