2012 Senate campaign advertising review
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from 2012 Senate ad review (number of quotes indicated):
- Bob Casey (1) Democratic Sr Senator; previously state treasurer Pennsylvania
- Dan Liljenquist (2) Republican Primary Challenger (2012) Utah
- Deb Fischer (4) Republican Senate Challenger Nebraska
- Debbie Stabenow (1) Democratic Jr Senator Michigan
- Heather Wilson (1) Republican Challenger New Mexico
- Heidi Heitkamp (3) Democratic Challenger North Dakota
- Jon Bruning (2) Former Republican Primary Challenger (2012) Nebraska
- Josh Mandel (3) Republican Nominee Ohio
- Orrin Hatch (1) Republican Sr Senator Utah
- Peter Hoekstra (1) Republican Challenger Michigan
- Richard Carmona (1) Democratic Challenger Arizona
- Rick Berg (1) Republican Challenger North Dakota
- Sherrod Brown (1) Democratic Sr Senator Ohio
- Tom Smith (1) Republican Challenger Pennsylvania
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
This archive page reviews the content and comments of television, radio, and Internet ads pertaining to Senate races in 2012.
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Budget & Economy|
Jon Bruning: FactCheck: Doubled AG budget included inflation & new duties.
Jon Bruning: FactCheck: Praised stimulus spending only for police.
Richard Carmona: AdWatch: accused of disrespect for women in the workplace.
Heidi Heitkamp: AdWatch: Featured in DSCC ad: "Elect more women to Senate".
Energy & Oil|
Rick Berg: AdWatch: Support oil exploration and coal mining.
Heidi Heitkamp: Protect North Dakota farm subsidies from Washington insiders.
Deb Fischer: Base gas tax on price, not volume, to pay for highways.
Deb Fischer: Accused of coordinating anti-Bruning TV ad with super-PAC.
Bob Casey: Shift $700B from Medicare to ObamaCare, but no senior funds.
Josh Mandel: AdWatch: served as Marine in Iraq; grandson of a soldier.
Principles & Values|
Dan Liljenquist: AdWatch: Challenges Hatch to TV debate before GOP primary.
Orrin Hatch: AdWatch: Touts leadership and experience.
Dan Liljenquist: GOP primary should include 8 debates, not just two.
Deb Fischer: TV ad: "End the political bull".
Heather Wilson: AdWatch: Third generation Air Force.
Sherrod Brown: AdWatch: nepotistic hiring practices at the state treasury.
Heidi Heitkamp: AdWatch: criticized as "Heidi-ho" for "Barack-o" socialism.
Josh Mandel: OpEd: Missed 14 monthly meetings as Ohio Treasurer.
Debbie Stabenow: AdWatch: criticized for spending funds borrowed from China.
Peter Hoekstra: AdWatch: It's not racist to note that US funds help China.
Tom Smith: AdWatch: divert payroll tax into privately managed accounts.
Deb Fischer: No increase in local property taxes.
War & Peace|
Josh Mandel: Two tours of duty in Iraq as a U.S. Marine.
The above quotations are from 2012 Senate campaign advertising review.
Page last edited: Apr 20, 2014