Books by and about 2016 presidential candidates|
| Hard Choices,|
by Hillary Clinton (2014)
| Crippled America ,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
| American Dreams,|
by Marco Rubio (2015)
| Taking a Stand,|
by Rand Paul (2015)
by Scott Walker (2013)
| A Time for Truth,|
by Ted Cruz (2015)
| One Nation,|
by Ben Carson (2014)
| Trump/Pence vs. Clinton/Kaine On the Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Living History ,|
by Hillary Rodham Clinton (2003)
| Between Hope and History ,|
by Bill Clinton (1996)
| In Harmís Way ,|
by Dr. Jill Stein (2000)
| Democrat vs. Republican vs. Green vs. Libertarian,|
Four Party's Presidential Nominees On The Issues (2016)
Books by and about 2012 presidential candidates|
| Ten Letters
about Pres. Barack Obama (2011)
| Do Not Ask What Good We Do
about Rep. Paul Ryan (2012)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
Back-to-back speeches by John McCain and Barack Obama at the NALEO conference, National Association of Latino Elected & Appointed Officials
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from Back-to-back speeches at NALEO (number of quotes indicated):
- Barack Obama (6)
- John McCain (7)
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Budget & Economy|
Barack Obama: Latinos & blacks are hardest hit by housing & gas crises.
Barack Obama: Has stood together with Latino leaders for last 20 years.
John McCain: Government should be on businessesí side, not in their way.
John McCain: Shake up failed school bureaucracies with competition.
Energy & Oil|
John McCain: Address both the supply and demand sides of imported oil.
John McCain: Lexington Project: invest to achieve energy security.
John McCain: When have Americans ever been afraid of foreign competition?
Barack Obama: America has nothing to fear from todayís immigrants.
Barack Obama: We need comprehensive reform, like McCain used to support.
Barack Obama: Recognize the humanity of immigrants: Todos somos Americanos.
John McCain: Restart comprehensive reform only after securing borders.
Principles & Values|
Barack Obama: ¡Sí, se puede! Yes, we can!
John McCain: Terrible mistake to raise taxes during an economic downturn.
The above quotations are from Back-to-back speeches by John McCain and Barack Obama at the NALEO conference, National Association of Latino Elected & Appointed Officials.
Related books, debates, and candidates:
- Third debate, Hofstra U., Hempstead NY, Oct. 15, 2008
- Second debate, Belmont U., Nashville TN, Oct. 7, 2008
- V.P. debate, Washington U. in St. Louis, Oct. 2, 2008
- First debate, U. Mississippi, Sept. 26, 2008
- Convention coverage:
- Democratic Convention, Aug. 26-28, 2008
- Republican Convention, Sep. 2-4, 2008
- All the issues: McCain
- Joint apperances by McCain and Obama:
- Saddleback Civil Forum on the PresidencyAug 16, 2008
- NAACP 99th Annual Conference, July 12, 2008
- NALEO 25th Annual Conference, June 28, 2008
- Biographies & platforms: (excerpts and book reviews)
- Promises to Keep: On Life and Politics, by Joe Biden
- Why Courage Matters, by John McCain
- Faith of My Fathers: A Family Memoir, by John McCain
- The Blueprint for Change, Obama's campaign platform booklet
- Dreams From My Father, by Barack Obama
- The Audacity of Hope: Thoughts on Reclaiming the American Dream, by Barack Obama