Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
by Cory Booker (2016)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
Books by and about the 2016 presidential election|
| What Happened ,|
by Hillary Clinton (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Hard Choices,|
by Hillary Clinton (2014)
| Becoming ,|
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
2018 Pennsylvania Senate race: debates and news coverage
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from 2018 PA Senate race (number of quotes indicated):
- Bob Casey (15) Democratic Sr Senator; previously state treasurer Pennsylvania
- Jim Christiana (5) Republican candidate for Pennsylvania U. S. Senator Pennsylvania
- Lou Barletta (13) Pennsylvania Former Republican candidate for Pennsylvania Governor
- Rick Saccone (11) Republican Senate challenger (withdrew) Pennsylvania
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
Pennsylvania 2018 Senatorial debates and race coverage:
- Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, "Fetterman, Bartos, in race for Pa. lieutenant governor, take aim at the top of the tickets," by Julian Routh, Oct 6, 2018
- The Philadelphia Inquirer, "Casey demands more accountability on clergy sex abuse," by Chris Brennan, Aug 24, 2018
- Washington Times, "Trump-backer Barletta battling 'Sleeping Bob'," by Dave Boyer, August 20, 2018
- Lancaster Online, "Christiana talks tariffs, guns and immigration," by Sam Janesch, Apr 7, 2018
- Pittsburgh Post-Gazette and Fox News, "Pennsylvania primary vying for Senate," 2018/05/15
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Bob Casey: Ban abortion after 20 weeks; but fund Planned Parenthood.
Lou Barletta: Ban abortion after 20 weeks; de-fund Planned Parenthood.
Rick Saccone: Endorsed by Pro-Life Federation.
Budget & Economy|
Lou Barletta: Recovery is found in private business, not big government.
Bob Casey: Evolved over time to support gay marriage.
Rick Saccone: Arguments against death penalty are false.
Bob Casey: Refinance student loans at lower rates.
Lou Barletta: Empower parents to choose kids' education environment.
Jim Christiana: Worked with Democrats to expand education tax credits.
Rick Saccone: Supports options besides public schools.
Energy & Oil|
Bob Casey: Regulate greenhouse gases; join Paris Climate Accord.
Lou Barletta: Don't regulate greenhouse gases; we're in a cooling trend.
Rick Saccone: EPA's tyranny hurts coal jobs.
Rick Saccone: No extraction tax on the Marcellus Shale gas.
Families & Children|
Lou Barletta: Opposes gay marriage; let states decide.
Bob Casey: Mandatory reporting of the pure evil of child abuse.
Rick Saccone: Don't trust UN vetting: pause all Syrian refugees.
Bob Casey: Go after "trade cheaters" to protect PA jobs.
Lou Barletta: Use tariffs as leverage to get better trade deals.
Jim Christiana: Negative consequences of retaliatory tariffs on agriculture.
Bob Casey: Disclose political donors; Citizens United empowers wealthy.
Bob Casey: Protect voting rights; no voter-ID.
Lou Barletta: No disclosure of political donors.
Bob Casey: Expanded background checks; ban on bump stocks.
Lou Barletta: No background checks; but limit bump stocks.
Jim Christiana: Opposes background checks on gun purchases.
Rick Saccone: Backed by the NRA.
Rick Saccone: Don't ban guns for no-fly list; too many false positives.
Rick Saccone: Free-market principles instead of ObamaCare.
Bob Casey: Comprehensive reform, including DREAMers staying.
Lou Barletta: Zero-tolerance policy; stop DACA in its tracks.
Bob Casey: Support sanctuary cities like Philadelphia.
Lou Barletta: Avoiding immigrant family separation is amnesty.
Jim Christiana: Hold sanctuary cities liable for damages by the undocumented.
Jim Christiana: Replace lottery visa program with a merit-based process.
Rick Saccone: Intense vetting of immigrants from terror-training countries.
Bob Casey: Raise federal minimum wage from $7.25 to $12 by 2020.
Principles & Values|
Bob Casey: Dubbed "Sleeping Bob" for anti-Trump obstructionism.
Lou Barletta: Explore privatization of Social Security.
Bob Casey: Support Net Neutrality; require equal access to all users.
Lou Barletta: End Net Neutrality; don't require equal access to all users.
War & Peace|
Bob Casey: Supports Obama's Iran nuclear treaty.
Lou Barletta: Withdraw from Obama's Iran nuclear treaty.
Rick Saccone: Establish foothold diplomatic presence in North Korea.
Click for quotations from other sources by:
- Bob Casey Democratic Sr Senator; previously state treasurer Pennsylvania
- Jim Christiana Republican candidate for Pennsylvania U. S. Senator Pennsylvania
- Lou Barletta Pennsylvania Former Republican candidate for Pennsylvania Governor
- Rick Saccone Republican Senate challenger (withdrew) Pennsylvania
The above quotations are from 2018 Pennsylvania Senate race: debates and news coverage.