Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
by Cory Booker (2016)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
Books by and about the 2016 presidential election|
| What Happened ,|
by Hillary Clinton (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Hard Choices,|
by Hillary Clinton (2014)
| Becoming ,|
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
Speeches to Conservative Political Action Conference, Feb. 26-27, 2015
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from Speech at 2015 CPAC conference (number of quotes indicated):
- Ben Carson (7) HUD Secretary
- Carly Fiorina (6) California SBA Director
- Chris Christie (1) New Jersey N.J. Governor; Republican Presidential candidate
- Donald Trump (3) Republican Presidential candidate
- Gary Johnson (1) New Mexico Libertarian Gubernatorial Challenger
- Jeb Bush (3) Florida Former FL Governor; Republican Presidential candidate
- Joni Ernst (1) Republican Challenger Iowa
- Marco Rubio (4) FL Senator; Republican Presidential candidate
- Mike Pence (1) Indiana Republican nominee for Vice President
- Rand Paul (6) Republican 2016 Primary Challenger
- Rick Perry (2) Texas Secretary of Energy
- Sarah Palin (4) Alaska Former Governor (resigned 2009); V.P. nominee (2008)
- Scott Walker (5) Wisconsin WI Governor; Republican Presidential candidate
- Sharron Angle (1) Republican Senate Challenger Nevada
- Ted Cruz (6) Republican 2016 Primary Challenger
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
Sen. Rand Paul, R-KY., won this year's Conservative Political Action Conference straw poll. His father Ron Paul won the CPAC straw vote in two previous years; and Rand also won in 2013.
Their speech excerpts and others below....
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Ben Carson: Don't let the PC police label conservatives as extremists.
Carly Fiorina: I don't just Tweet about equal pay; I lead on pay standards.
Rand Paul: Defend the whole Bill of Rights, including speedy trials.
Rand Paul: Defend the 4th & 5th Amendments against Big Government.
Ted Cruz: 2014: federal enforcement; 2015: let states experiment.
Ted Cruz: I disagree with states legalizing pot, but it's their right.
Rand Paul: End hypocrisy and over-criminalization of marijuana.
Scott Walker: Opposes Colorado's legalization of marijuana.
Ted Cruz: Let states be laboratories of democracy on marijuana.
Carly Fiorina: Make sure that every parent has a choice.
Jeb Bush: Federal government should create choices, not standards.
Donald Trump: Opposes Common Core.
Jeb Bush: Common Core is not a federal takeover.
Ben Carson: Private schooling better than Common Core public schooling.
Carly Fiorina: I know the leaders of the Mideast; Obama & Hillary do not.
Marco Rubio: I have a clear strategic vision of America's role in world.
Marco Rubio: Obama has no ISIS policy to avoid upsetting Iran.
Rick Perry: Our allies doubt us and our adversaries test us.
Ben Carson: Don't just sit around waiting to see what other people do.
Carly Fiorina: Advised CIA on Russian affairs after 2007.
Carly Fiorina: Hillary shouldn't accept foreign money in her PAC.
Ben Carson: Obamacare is about restriction and control.
Sarah Palin: Vouchers for veterans' health care outside the VA system.
Ted Cruz: Washington wants ObamaCare, the people want liberty.
Ben Carson: Shia-led Iran is more dangerous than ISIL.
Gary Johnson: Government transparency on 9/11 secret reports.
Mike Pence: The time has come to dramatically increase defense spending.
Rand Paul: National defense should be unencumbered by nation building.
Sarah Palin: Let veterans apply skills to skip state certification.
Rand Paul: Kids are concerned with privacy & the surveillance state.
Sarah Palin: Dozens of veterans per day commit suicide; VA should help.
Scott Walker: Build up U.S. military to take out ISIS entirely.
Scott Walker: Ensure against radical Islamic terrorism on American soil.
Donald Trump: We need strong borders; we need a wall.
Jeb Bush: There is no plan to deport 11 million people.
Marco Rubio: Deal with border & future immigrants BEFORE any amnesty.
Scott Walker: No amnesty; close the back door & enforce the law.
Scott Walker: Right-to-work rules stand up for the hardworking taxpayers.
Principles & Values|
Sharron Angle: Hosts Conservative Commandos: "Believe in the Constitution".
Chris Christie: Sometimes must tell constituents to sit down & shut up.
Ted Cruz: I'm despised by GOP establishment, but so was Reagan.
Carly Fiorina: Started "Unlock Your Potential PAC" in 2014.
Rand Paul: Balanced budget and a simple, fair tax system.
Ted Cruz: Abolish the IRS.
War & Peace|
Ben Carson: Untie the military's hands; let them destroy ISIS.
Donald Trump: Hit ISIS hard and fast.
Marco Rubio: ISIS plan: US air support for Sunni forces on the ground.
Rick Perry: ISIS is the biggest threat since communism.
Sarah Palin: Yes, we can kill our way to victory in the Mideast.
Joni Ernst: Cohesive and strong strategy to confront threats.
Welfare & Poverty|
Ben Carson: Get rid of dependency; that's true compassion.
Click for quotations from other sources by:
- Ben Carson HUD Secretary
- Carly Fiorina California SBA Director
- Chris Christie New Jersey N.J. Governor; Republican Presidential candidate
- Donald Trump Republican Presidential candidate
- Gary Johnson New Mexico Libertarian Gubernatorial Challenger
- Jeb Bush Florida Former FL Governor; Republican Presidential candidate
- Joni Ernst Republican Challenger Iowa
- Marco Rubio FL Senator; Republican Presidential candidate
- Mike Pence Indiana Republican nominee for Vice President
- Rand Paul Republican 2016 Primary Challenger
- Rick Perry Texas Secretary of Energy
- Sarah Palin Alaska Former Governor (resigned 2009); V.P. nominee (2008)
- Scott Walker Wisconsin WI Governor; Republican Presidential candidate
- Sharron Angle Republican Senate Challenger Nevada
- Ted Cruz Republican 2016 Primary Challenger
The above quotations are from Speeches to Conservative Political Action Conference, Feb. 26-27, 2015.
Republican Conventions and Conferences:
- 2015 Conservative Political Action Conference, Feb. 28, 2015
- 2014 Conservative Political Action Conference, March 6-8, 2014
- 2013 Conservative Political Action Conference, March 14-16, 2013
- 2012 Conservative Political Action Conference, Feb. 11, 2012
- 2011 Conservative Political Action Conference, Feb. 12-14, 2011
- 2010 Conservative Political Action Conference, Feb. 18-20, 2010
- 2009 Conservative Political Action Conference, Feb. 27-28, 2009
- 2008 Republican National Convention, Sept. 3rd-5th, 2008
- 2008 Conservative Political Action Conference, Feb. 7, 2008
- 2004 Republican Convention, in New York City, Aug. 30-Sept. 2, 2004
Books by Republican contenders for 2016 nomination:
- Immigration Wars, by Jeb Bush, March 5, 2013
- Chris Christie: The Inside Story of His Rise to Power, Jun 5, 2012
- The Tea Party Goes to Washington, by Rand Paul, Feb 22, 2011
- Marco Rubio in An American Son, by Marco Rubio, June 19, 2012
- America By Heart, by Sarah Palin, Nov. 23, 2010
Books by Republican contenders for 2012 nomination:
- Leadership and Crisis, by Gov. Bobby Jindal, Nov. 2010
- No Apology, by Gov. Mitt Romney, Mar 2, 2010
- Going Rogue, by Sarah Palin, Nov. 17, 2009
- End The Fed, by Rep. Ron Paul, Sep 16, 2009
- Saving Freedom, by Jim DeMint, July 2009
- Real Change, by Speaker Newt Gingrich, Dec 18, 2007