Libertarian Party on Tax Reform
Repeal the income tax and abolish the IRS
We call for the repeal of the income tax, the abolishment of the Internal Revenue Service and all federal programs not required under the US Constitution. We oppose any legal requirements forcing employers to serve as tax collectors. Government should
not incur debt, which burdens future generations without their consent. We support the passage of a �Balanced Budget Amendment� to the US Constitution, provided that the budget is balanced exclusively by cutting expenditures, not raising taxes.
Source: National platform adopted at Denver L.P. convention
, May 30, 2008
Repeal all income taxes, & the 16th Amendment
We recognize the right of any individual to challenge the payment of taxes on moral, religious, legal, or constitutional grounds; oppose all personal and corporate income taxation; support the repeal of the 16th Amendment, and oppose any increase in
existing tax rates and the imposition of any new taxes; support the eventual repeal of all taxation; and support a declaration of unconditional amnesty for all those individuals who have been convicted of, or who now stand accused of, tax resistance.
Source: National Platform of the Libertarian Party
, Jul 2, 2000
End all criminal and civil sanctions against tax evasion
Source: Excerpts from 1980 Clark/Koch Libertarian Party platform
, Nov 1, 1980
- We oppose all personal and corporate income taxation, including capital gains taxes.
- We support the eventual repeal of all taxation.
- As an interim measure, all criminal and civil sanctions against tax evasion should be terminated
- We support repeal of all law which impede the ability of any person to find employment, such as minimum wage laws.
- We support the repeal of all taxes on the income or property of private schools, whether profit or non-profit.
- Click here for definitions & background information for the Tax Reform.
- Click here for VoteMatch responses for the Libertarian Party.
Other political parties on Tax Reform:
Libertarian Party on other issues:
Natural Law Party
George W. Bush(R,2001-2009)
George Bush Sr.(R,1989-1993)
John F. Kennedy(D,1961-1963)
Harry S Truman(D,1945-1953)
American Civil Liberties Union
Page last updated: Sep 11, 2018