State of Oklahoma Archives: on Abortion
Life is a beautiful gift from our Father who created us
Life is a beautiful gift from our Father who created us.
As such I am staunchly pro-life and will work to pass legislation that ensures the protection of innocent life.
Source: 2018 Oklahoma governor campaign website GaryRichardson.org
May 2, 2017
Support a woman's right to choose
Workman supports a woman's right to choose, gender equality, and believes that problems from climate change must soon be addressed.
His campaign will focus on four E's: Equality, Economy, Education, and the Environment.
Source: 2016 OK Senate campaign website facebook/Workman-4-Oklahoma
Aug 8, 2016
Government should not interfere with woman's right to choose
Medford City Councilor Kevin Stine has jumped into the Democratic primary race against U.S. Senator Ron Wyden. "Some of Wyden's votes run against Democratic values," the 29-year-old said, referring to himself as a progressive Democrat.
Stine said he describes himself as to the left on social issues, believing people should have free choice without government interfering in marriage or a woman's right to choose. On fiscal issues, he said he is more conservative.
Source: Medford Mail Tribune on 2016 Oklahoma Senate race
Sep 21, 2015
Human life begins at conception
Question topic: Human life begins at conception and deserves legal protection at every stage until natural death.
Inhofe: Strongly Agree
Question topic: Should abortion be allowed under extenuating circumstances? If so, what circumstances?
Inhofe: Rape, Incest, Life of Mother
Source: Faith2Action iVoterGuide on 2014 Oklahoma Senate race
Sep 30, 2014
Protect human life from the moment of conception
Source: Fundraising press release on 2014 Oklahoma Senate race
Jan 29, 2014
- I believe our unalienable rights come from our Creator, not the government.
- I believe in our Constitution, which guarantees us the right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.
- I believe we must protect human life from the moment of conception.
[Regarding] mounting a successful challenge to Republican Gov. Mary Fallin: "Being out there visiting with the citizens of Oklahoma,
I don't think she's as popular as she thinks," said Dorman, who described himself as a "pro life" candidate.
Source: NewsOK.com on 2014 Oklahoma Gubernatorial race
Dec 18, 2013
Pro-life legislative voting history
Joe Dorman voted YEA on each of the following House bills related to abortion:
Source: Vote Smart's Synopsis of 2013-14 Oklahoma voting records
Mar 12, 2013
- March 12, 2013: HB 1588, Requires Parental Approval Before an Abortion is Performed on a Minor, Bill Passed House (80-12)
- March 12, 2013: HB 2015, Expands
Information Collected from Abortion Patients, Bill Passed House (79-15)
- April 19, 2012: SB 1274, Requires physicians inform abortion patients of fetal heartbeat, Bill Passed House (75-12)
- May 24, 2010: HB 3284, Requiring Women Seeking Abortions to
Answer Questionnaire, Veto Override Passed House (84-13)
- March 29, 2010: SB 1891, Allowing Health Services Employees to Refuse Participation in Abortion and Other Procedures, Bill Passed House (80-13)
- March 11, 2008: HB 3144, Ultrasound Requirement
for Abortions, Bill Passed House (88-11)
- May 14, 2007: HCS SB 139, State-Funded Abortion Ban, Bill Passed House (77-19)
- Feb. 23, 2006: HCS HB 2369, Parental Written Consent Requirement for Minor's Abortion, Bill Passed House (81-12)
Page last updated: Feb 13, 2018