This page contains bills sponsored by presidential contenders.
Bill sponsorships indicate the topics that legislators are most interested in, and spend the most time on.
Legislation by 2008 Presidential Candidates: for federal grants to Indian tribes to fight methamphetamine
Source: Safe Streets Act Amendment (S.4113)
OFFICIAL CONGRESSIONAL SUMMARY: A bill to amend the Omnibus Crime Control and Safe Streets Act of 1968 to clarify that territories and Indian tribes are eligible to receive grants for confronting the use of methamphetamine.
EXCERPTS OF BILL: Amends the Omnibus Crime Control and Safe Streets Act of 1968 to include territories and Indian tribes as eligible grant recipients (or reaffirm such eligibility) under the programs to:
- address the manufacture, sale, and use of methamphetamine;
- aid children in homes in which methamphetamine or other drugs are unlawfully manufactured, distributed, dispensed, or used; and
- address methamphetamine use by pregnant and parenting women offenders.
LEGISLATIVE OUTCOME:Passed/agreed to in Senate, by Unanimous Consent.
Participating counts on VoteMatch question 19.
Question 19: Drug use is immoral: enforce laws against it
Scores: -2=Strongly oppose; -1=Oppose; 0=neutral; 1=Support; 2=Strongly support.
- Topic: Drugs
- Headline: Federal grants to Indian tribes to fight methamphetamine
- Headline 2: Sponsored bill for grants to Indian tribes to fight meth
- Key for participation codes:
- Sponsorships: p=sponsored; o=co-sponsored; s=signed
- Memberships: c=chair; m=member; e=endorsed; f=profiled; s=scored
- Resolutions: i=introduced; w=wrote; a=adopted
- Cases: w=wrote; j=joined; d=dissented; c=concurred
- Surveys: '+' supports; '-' opposes.
participating in 06-S4113
Total recorded by OnTheIssues: