This page contains bill sponsorships in the Senate and House.
Bill sponsorships indicate the topics that legislators are most interested in, and spend the most time on.
Bill Sponsorship: a Congressional Resolution condemning China:
Source: House Resolution Sponsorship
Title: Condemning the Government of the People's Republic of China for its poor human rights record.
Summary: Expresses the sense of Congress that:
- the Government of the People's Republic of China should stop persecution of all religious practitioners and safeguard fundamental human rights; and
- the U.S. Government should continue to insist that China adhere to such rights.
- Urges the Chinese Government to release from detention all religious practitioners, Falun Gong members, and prisoners of conscience and end torture and other cruel, inhuman, and degrading treatment;
- allow the Chinese people to pursue their personal beliefs; and
- adhere to the International Covenants on Civil and Political Rights and on Economic, Social, and Cultural Rights.
- Topic: Foreign Policy
- Headline: Urge China to respect religious freedom
- Key for participation codes:
- Sponsorships: p=sponsored; o=co-sponsored; s=signed
- Memberships: c=chair; m=member; e=endorsed; f=profiled; s=scored
- Resolutions: i=introduced; w=wrote; a=adopted
- Cases: w=wrote; j=joined; d=dissented; c=concurred
- Surveys: '+' supports; '-' opposes.
Total recorded by OnTheIssues: