Age-line view of politics
A Teen's view of presidential politics and issues:
by Adam Leighton, Oct. 2004
Click here for Adam's 2001 views
Bush on Iraq:
- President Bush was a mediocre president until 9/11 happened.
- It was like Bush turned senile after 9/11.
- He had gotten our country into great danger by going after the people that are POSSIBLY connected to the al Qaeda terrorists.
- George Bush went after Saddam Hussein's reign with no accurate evidence that Saddam was connected to the al Qaeda terrorist group and after 9/11 he focused more on Saddam Hussein's reign than the al Qaeda terrorists. He has still not caught the ringleader of the al Qaeda terrorist group, Osama bin Laden.
- (I forgot Osama bin Laden's name because I haven't heard it in so long!)
- Bush was elected in the last race against Gore. One of the reasons why Bush was elected, and why he won against Gore, was because Bush said he would do all these good things about war -- like he was going to support the troops -- and other people thought Al Gore was going to take money AWAY from the troops and the soldiers in our army, and Bush would get more money for the soldiers. But he hasn't done that.
- I saw an article on ABC that showed soldiers that were injured and one of them actually LOST money for getting hurt in the army. All of the soldiers lost money if they got hurt in the army and there was no support for them -- and they can't get a job or anything.
- Bush is a stupid hillbilly because he still can't understand that Iraq has not had weapons of mass destruction for probably about two months. So he should let Iraq be their own state, but he's trying to do what America did with the Phillipines, which is take over them.
- Those Iraqi prisoners who got humiliated could have been innocent because they could have been forced to fight under Saddam. The torture that happened was under Bush and that's not supposed to happen under a presidency.
- Bush shouldn't be the president because if another major issue comes up he will go crazy again and probably order a draft.
- Details: Click here for Bush's remarks on Iraq.
Crticism on Bush on other issues:
- George Bush was also elected last time because one of the major issues was his famous tax cut. He actually did follow through but in a literal way and was stubborn when the economy had had problems.
- Probably every other candidate in the primaries of the 2000 election would have changed the tax cuts for the good of their country. And Bush had realized that after all that convincing to become president he didn't have the money to do it. So Bush had also lied about that. After he lied on it, he had actually made the economy worse as opposed to making it better.
- The consequence of the tax cuts had followed to a mini version of the Depression. You won't believe this, but in Ohio, one out of every three people are jobless or homeless. (My teacher told me that).
- In the last two years at the middle school, I saw about 20 teachers get fired or have to resign as a result of budget cuts.
- On marijuana: because people are allowed to do things that are legal, like it's equal to do things that are illegal. For example, when marijuana is illegal, there's alcohol, which takes people's lives. If you compare the deaths that happened in alcohol and the problems that are made from marijuana, there are more deaths from alcohol. So either you illegalize them and arrest more people because they'll just find it and break the law again, or get rid of the marijuana.
- On the stem cell issue, it's sort of similar to the marijuana situation. It is equal to the study of organs or an organ donor. They should take bodies and use mother's babies without permission, but if permission is given, they should, because it could be a really good cure and there's no reason not to risk it, for cure of paralysis and many other things. But if things do not work out, then they should stop the stem cells but they need to give it at least a year of testing.
- Bush on gay people: (don't get me wrong, I think all gay people are fags). Gay people are ok as long as they keep it at home and do not kiss each other in public or do anything inappropriate, because there are our mothers and fathers trying to raise their children and many people are against gay people. That would be a bad example it is almost like public nudity.
- George Bush is so stubborn because in many of the previous issues he hasn't accepted anything that will either help America or anything that will not risk America's future.
- Bush is really stupid and every day he proves his stereotype right. For example, Lyndon Johnson escalated the Vietnam war and had made our relationship with other countries worse. For example, France to this day will not help us. George Bush will be like Lyndon Johnson the Second, and ruin our alliances. We will only have ourselves and if we could not take down Vietnam, then I do not know how we will take down the majority of the countries in the world.
- I think that George Bush is actually the flip-flopper, not John Kerry, because of all those things he changed his opinion on, for example, Saddam Hussein.
- Lastly, throughout the last three years since 9/11, George Bush has turned into a president only a little bit better than Richard Nixon.
Bush on other issues that I agree with:
- Although Bush is stupid, he has a lot of determination because he could be off right now spending his dad's money but instead he tries really hard to lead America. Although he cannot even figure out how to turn on a TV and read the issues.
- Bush had one good year that would prevent him from being the worst president of the United States. In 2001, nothing bad was going on until 9/11, and giving him credit, not many presidents had to go through what he had to.
- He doesn't like gay people, online either. If John Kerry was president, he would probably make gay marriage legal and they would be kissing in public. So that is one of the issues I sort of agree with Bush, and I say we should treat them like Indians and make a reservation for them, and if they don't go there, then kill them or put them in jail.
John Kerry on Iraq:
- John Kerry thinks that Bush should stop the troops and bring them back and make a plan on attacking Iraq. I agree when Kerry has pointed out that Bush has ruined our connection with many countries. He had lost two countries in the coalition and lost many troops from almost every country in the alliance.
- Kerry was really smart when he left Vietnam because there was a war for no reason. He knew there were more important things to concentrate on.
- I believe Kerry as opposed to Bush. I think Kerry really does have a plan about Iraq. He will save our troops and focus more on the al Qaeda terrorist network. He will also focus on protecting the country and rebuild the allies trust and their opinion of us, to be supported in a future attack or war. At least the majority of the troops in Iraq should be sent home, and I trust Kerry that he will make a better plan. Kerry is more into peace than violence.
Criticisms of John Kerry on other issues:
- John Kerry might hurt the childhood of children because if they see gay people kissing then they might do it too.
Things I agree with John Kerry on other issues:
- John Kerry is a peacemaker. He does not want to torture prisoners, he wants to make them better. If you torture them, you're just going to make them hate you even more. Some of the people who are in jail just made a simple mistake. Kerry will make it better for them, like making it so they can get their degree in prison, like before.
- John Kerry is more for the people, for his opinion even when other people don't think so, unlike Bush. If a lot of America thinks it, it's probably best for America. John Kerry is just sort of laid back, he doesn't get nervous when something happens. Bush acts before he thinks. Kerry is the brains of America.
- On stem cells: John Kerry is obviously smarter than Bush because he can see that sending troops to Iraq is much more of a bigger risk than following through with the stem cell veto. And he is for the stem cell research and in the future if he is our president there may be cures to many of the drastic problems in medical health, like paralysis.
As dictated to Jesse Gordon, who also did the HTML.
To contact Adam Leighton: bluebyu322000 @ yahoo.com
Free Hit Counter