||Harry Browne was born in New York City in 1933 and grew up in Los Angeles.
He has lived in Vancouver, Canada; Zürich, Switzerland; and Northern California.
He now resides in Tennessee.
||Since 1985 he has been married to the former Pamela Lanier Wolfe.
He has a grown daughter.
His main non-professional interests are classical music, opera, operetta, good food and wine, sports, drama, television, and fiction.
||Honorable Discharge, US Army, 1953-1956
||HarryBrowne2000.org, Campaign web site
WorldNetDaily.com, weekly column web site
Vote-Smart 2000 Presidential Candidate Survey
LP.org, 1996 campaign web site
LP.org, 2000 Libertarian Party Platform
- Harry Browne is an investment advisor, author of nine books, newsletter writer, radio personality, and public speaker.
- His books include You Can Profit from a Monetary Crisis, a #1 NY Times best-seller.
- His financial newsletter, “Harry Browne's Special Reports,” was published continually from 1974 to 1997.
- He has a weekly 3-hour radio show on the Talk America Radio Network.
- Author, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World, 1973, Reissued 1998
- Author, Financial Newsletter, Harry Browne's Special Reports, published continually 1974-1997
- Author, Why Government Doesn't Work, 1995
- Author, The Economic Time Bomb, 1989
- Author, Why the Best-Laid Investment Plans Usually Go Wrong, 1987
- Co-Author with Terry Coxon, Inflation-Proofing Your Investments, 1981
- Author, New Profits from the Monetary Crisis, 1978
- Author, Harry Browne's Complete Guide to Swiss Banks, 1976
- Author, You Can Profit from a Monetary Crisis, 1974
- Author, How You Can Profit from the Coming Devaluation, 1970
- Numerous Broadcast Appearances (Wall Street Week, CNN, Larry King show, CNBC, etc.)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about Browne from Amazon.com)
HarryBrowne2000.org downlaoded 1/27/99
Vote Smart1996 statement
Free-Market.Net: The online database of libertarianism - The central directory and virtual community for libertarian and pro-freedom ideas and information. Includes 1500+ organizations, events, experts, contests, jobs, and scholarships related to individual liberty.