This page contains bill sponsorships in the Senate and House.
Bill sponsorships indicate the topics that legislators are most interested in, and spend the most time on.
on Jan 4, 1995
Decided Oct 11, 1996
Bill Sponsorship: the Sustainable Fisheries Act
Source: Bill sponsored by 9 Senators and 1 Rep
Amends the Magnuson Fishery Conservation and Management Act to:Corresponding House bill is H.R.39. Became Public Law No: 104-297.
- Prohibit individual fishing quota programs unless approved before January 4,
- Mandates guidelines regarding fish habitat conservation and enhancement.
- Modifies requirements regarding emergency actions (including concerning oil spills) and adds to the emergency action provisions references to interim measures needed to reduce overfishing.
- Provides for an information collection program specific to the needs of a fishery.
- Requires a comprehensive program of fishery research to carry out this Act;
- Requires developing technological changes to minimize bycatch and evaluate related ecological impacts, benefits, and costs, and assess the use of unavoidable bycatch; and
- Establishes of a fishery conservation and management ecosystem advisory panel.
- Topic: Environment
- Headline: Fund studies of sustainable fisheries
- Key for participation codes:
- Sponsorships: p=sponsored; o=co-sponsored; s=signed
- Memberships: c=chair; m=member; e=endorsed; f=profiled; s=scored
- Resolutions: i=introduced; w=wrote; a=adopted
- Cases: w=wrote; j=joined; d=dissented; c=concurred
- Surveys: '+' supports; '-' opposes.
participating in 95-S39
||s1o||SD Independent Challenger|| |
Total recorded by OnTheIssues: