This page contains surveys of candidates conducted by organizations interested in the candidates' policy views.
Political Group Survey: the PVS survey question on personal retirement accounts
Source: Political Courage Test
The Project Vote Smart Voter Guide inferred how candidates would respond to the question, 'Social Security: Do you support allowing individuals to divert a portion of their Social Security taxes into personal retirement accounts?'
Project Vote Smart notes, "in response to the increasing unwillingness of candidates to answer issue questions, Project Vote Smart has researched Congressional candidates' public records to determine candidates' likely responses on certain key issues. These issue positions, from the year 2016, are provided [for candidates who] refused to provide voters with positions on key issues covered by the 2016 Political Courage Test, despite repeated requests. Historically, candidates have failed to complete our test due to the advice they receive from their parties and advisors and out of fear of negative attack ads."
Also see 2012 Social Security survey
Participating counts on VoteMatch question 6.
Question 6: Privatize Social Security
Scores: -2=Strongly oppose; -1=Oppose; 0=neutral; 1=Support; 2=Strongly support.
- Topic: Social Security
- Headline: Supports diverting some FICA into personal accounts
- Headline 2: Opposes diverting some FICA into personal accounts
- Key for participation codes:
- Sponsorships: p=sponsored; o=co-sponsored; s=signed
- Memberships: c=chair; m=member; e=endorsed; f=profiled; s=scored
- Resolutions: i=introduced; w=wrote; a=adopted
- Cases: w=wrote; j=joined; d=dissented; c=concurred
- Surveys: '+' supports; '-' opposes.
participating in 16PVS_Q6
Total recorded by OnTheIssues: