This page contains group ratings from independent policy groups.
Each group determines their own rating system.
Political Group Ratings: by the Humane Society on animal rights issues
Source: HSLF website
112th Mid-Term Humane Scorecard: The Humane Society Legislative Fund has posted the final version of the 2011 Humane Scorecard, where you can track the performance of your federal lawmakers on key animal protection issues during last year. We rated legislators based on their voting behavior on measures such as agribusiness subsidies, lethal predator control, and the Endangered Species Act; their cosponsorship of priority bills on puppy mills, horse slaughter, animal fighting, and chimps in research; their support for funding the enforcement of animal welfare laws; and their leadership on animal protection.
All of the priority bills whose cosponsorships we're counting enjoy strong bipartisan support; in the House, each of the four now has more than 150 cosponsors.
The Humane Scorecard is not a perfect measuring tool, but creating some reasonable yardstick and allowing citizens to hold lawmakers accountable is central to our work. When the Humane Scorecard comes out each year, it helps clarify how the animal protection movement is doing geographically, by party affiliation, and in other categories. It helps us chart our course for animals by seeing where we have been effective, and where we need to improve.
- Topic: Environment
- Headline: by HSLF, indicating an anti-animal welfare voting record
- Headline 2: by HSLF, indicating a mixed voting record on animal welfare
- Headline 3: by HSLF, indicating a pro-animal welfare voting record
- Key for participation codes:
- Sponsorships: p=sponsored; o=co-sponsored; s=signed
- Memberships: c=chair; m=member; e=endorsed; f=profiled; s=scored
- Resolutions: i=introduced; w=wrote; a=adopted
- Cases: w=wrote; j=joined; d=dissented; c=concurred
- Surveys: '+' supports; '-' opposes.
participating in 12-HumaneS
||s3n100%||CT Independent Sr Senator; Gore's VP nominee (Retiring)|| |
||s3n100%||Vermont Independent|| |
Total recorded by OnTheIssues: