This page contains bill sponsorships in the Senate and House.
Bill sponsorships indicate the topics that legislators are most interested in, and spend the most time on.
Bill Sponsorship: Veterans' Heritage Firearms Act
- Provides a 90-day amnesty period during which veterans and their family members can register in the National Firearms Registration and Transfer Record any firearm acquired before October 31, 1968, by a veteran while a member of the Armed Forces stationed outside the continental United States.
- Grants such an individual limited immunity with respect to the acquisition, possession, transportation, or alteration of such firearm before or concurrent with such registration.
Extends such immunity to a veteran who attempts to register a qualifying firearm outside of the amnesty period if the veteran surrenders the firearm within 30 days after being notified of potential criminal liability for continued possession.
- Transfers each firearm qualifying as a curio or relic which has been forfeited to the United States to the first qualified museum that requests it
- Publishes information identifying each such firearm which is available to be transferred to a museum.
- Makes a prohibition against transfer or possession of a machine-gun inapplicable to museums.
Participating counts on VoteMatch question 10.
Question 10: Absolute right to gun ownership
Scores: -2=Strongly oppose; -1=Oppose; 0=neutral; 1=Support; 2=Strongly support.
- Topic: Gun Control
- Headline: Sponsored veterans registering unlicensed guns from abroad
- Headline 2: Allow veterans to register unlicensed guns acquired abroad
- Key for participation codes:
- Sponsorships: p=sponsored; o=co-sponsored; s=signed
- Memberships: c=chair; m=member; e=endorsed; f=profiled; s=scored
- Resolutions: i=introduced; w=wrote; a=adopted
- Cases: w=wrote; j=joined; d=dissented; c=concurred
- Surveys: '+' supports; '-' opposes.
participating in 11-S0798
||s2o||AR Republican Jr Senator||Jul 19, 2011|
||s2o||GA Republican Sr Senator||Jul 11, 2011|
||s2o||OK Republican Jr Senator; previously Representative||Oct 6, 2011|
||s2o||WY Republican Sr Senator||Sep 21, 2011|
||s2o||IA Republican Sr Senator||Aug 1, 2011|
||s2o||Nevada Republican (Resigned 2011)||Jul 19, 2011|
||s2o||OK Republican Sr Senator||Jun 9, 2011|
||s2o||AZ Republican Sr Senator||Apr 12, 2011|
||s2o||Kansas Republican (until 2010)||Jul 11, 2011|
||s2o||AK Republican Sr Senator||Dec 12, 2011|
||s2o||OH Republican Jr Senator||Mar 27, 2012|
||s2o||KS Republican Sr Senator||Jul 20, 2011|
||s2o||SD Republican Jr Senator; previously Representative||Sep 6, 2011|
participating in 11-S0798
Total recorded by OnTheIssues: