This page contains Congressional resolutions.
Resolutions indicate the topics that legislators care about, but cannot legislate about.
Resolution: the Western Governors' Association resolution:
Source: WGA Policy Resolution 01 - 01: Energy Policy Roadmap
- Western Governors find that states must continue to play a pivotal role in electric power decisions. Specifically:
- The existing authority of states over retail electric power sales and transmissions must be retained.
- Congress should allow states to create regional mechanisms to decide regional power issues.
- We need to pursue a national energy policy that will result in a diverse energy portfolio:
- New energy development: Enable exploration and development of promising domestic oil, gas, coal, geothermal or wind resources.
- Coal: Implement R&D and tax incentives to promote the development and deployment of new technologies.
- Renewables: Accelerate the development and deployment of promising renewable energy technologies through the extension and expansion of state and federal production tax credits.
- Environmental Regulation:
Review environmental and natural resource policies to ensure they are as efficient as possible.
- Permitting Energy Facilities: Streamline state, tribal and federal processes for siting new generation, electric transmission and natural gas pipelines.
- Energy Infrastructure: Support economic and environmentally sound energy infrastructure investments to transport energy to markets
- Energy efficiency and conservation: At a minimum:
- Encourage rate structures that give utilities and customers an incentive to reduce consumption.
- Encourage long-term stability of government and utility conservation programs.
- Review and improve the energy efficiency of building codes and appliance efficiency standards that recognize the unique conditions in the West (e.g., dry climates).
- Support federal, state and tribal tax incentives to accelerate the introduction of new energy efficient technologies.
Participating counts on VoteMatch question 11.
Question 11: Higher taxes on the wealthy
Scores: -2=Strongly oppose; -1=Oppose; 0=neutral; 1=Support; 2=Strongly support.
- Topic: Energy & Oil
- Headline: Federal tax incentives for energy, with state decisions
- Key for participation codes:
- Sponsorships: p=sponsored; o=co-sponsored; s=signed
- Memberships: c=chair; m=member; e=endorsed; f=profiled; s=scored
- Resolutions: i=introduced; w=wrote; a=adopted
- Cases: w=wrote; j=joined; d=dissented; c=concurred
- Surveys: '+' supports; '-' opposes.
participating in 01-WGA01
||s1s||HI Former Democratic Governor (1994-2002)|| |
||s1s||CA Former Democratic|| |
||s1o||OR Democratic Governor|| |
||s1s||WA Former Democratic Governor (1997-2004); Cabinet (Commerce)|| |
||s1s||AS00 Former Democratic Governor|| |
participating in 01-WGA01
||s1o||WY Former Republican Governor (1995-2002)|| |
||s1s||KS Former Republican Governor (1995-2002)|| |
||s1s||NV Former Republican Governor (1999-2006)|| |
||s1o||ND Former Republican Governor (2000-2010)|| |
|Jane Dee Hull
||s1o||AZ Former Republican Governor (1997-2002)|| |
||s1s||SD00 Former Republican Governor (1979=1986 & 1995-2002)|| |
||s1s||NE Former Republican Governor (2005-2007); elected Senator 2008|| |
||s1o||MT Former Republican Governor (2001-2005)|| |
||s1s||CO Former Republican Governor (1999-2006)|| |
||s1s||TX Republican Governor|| |
Total recorded by OnTheIssues: