This page lists memberships in organizations, for elected officials.
Each organization determines its own rules for membership.
on Aug 17, 2001
Membership Roster: of the Western Governors' Association:
Source: Western Governors' Association Mission Statement
Established in 1984, the Western Governors' Association is an independent, non-partisan organization of governors from 18 western states and three U.S.-flag Pacific islands. The Association was formed to provide strong leadership in an era of critical change in the economy and demography of the West. The Western Governors recognize that many vital issues and opportunities shaping our future span state lines and are shared throughout the West.
Mission Through their Association, the Western Governors identify and address key policy and governance issues in natural resources, the environment, human services, economic development, international relations and public management.
Governors select the issues based on regional interest and impact. WGA helps the governors develop strategies both for the complex, long-term issues facing the West and for the region's immediate needs. Governors use the WGA to develop and advocate policies that reflect regional interests and relationships in debates at the national and state levels.
The WGA has six basic objectives:
- Develop and Communicate Regional Policy
- Serve as a Leadership Forum
- Build Regional Capacity
- Conduct Research and Disseminate Findings
- Form Coalitions and Partnerships to Advance Regional Interests
- Build Public Understanding and Support for Regional Issues and Policy Positions
- Topic: Principles & Values
- Headline: Member of the Western Governors' Association
- Key for participation codes:
- Sponsorships: p=sponsored; o=co-sponsored; s=signed
- Memberships: c=chair; m=member; e=endorsed; f=profiled; s=scored
- Resolutions: i=introduced; w=wrote; a=adopted
- Cases: w=wrote; j=joined; d=dissented; c=concurred
- Surveys: '+' supports; '-' opposes.
participating in 01-WGA0
||s1m||HI Former Democratic Governor (1994-2002)|| |
||s1m||CA Former Democratic|| |
||s1m||OR Democratic Governor|| |
||s1m||WA Former Democratic Governor (1997-2004); Cabinet (Commerce)|| |
||s1m||AS00 Former Democratic Governor|| |
participating in 01-WGA0
||s1m||WY Former Republican Governor (1995-2002)|| |
||s1m||KS Former Republican Governor (1995-2002)|| |
||s1m||NV Former Republican Governor (1999-2006)|| |
||s1m||ND Former Republican Governor (2000-2010)|| |
|Jane Dee Hull
||s1c||AZ Former Republican Governor (1997-2002)|| |
||s1m||SD00 Former Republican Governor (1979=1986 & 1995-2002)|| |
||s1m||NE Former Republican Governor (2005-2007); elected Senator 2008|| |
||s1m||MT Former Republican Governor (2001-2005)|| |
||s1m||CO Former Republican Governor (1999-2006)|| |
||s1m||TX Republican Governor|| |
Total recorded by OnTheIssues: