This page contains bill sponsorships in the Senate and House.
Bill sponsorships indicate the topics that legislators are most interested in, and spend the most time on.
Decided Nov 19, 2001
Bill Sponsorship: the Aviation Security Act
Source: Bill sponsored by 31 Senators and 25 Reps
Establishes the Transportation Security Administration, including: H.R. 2951 is the corresponding House bill. Became Public Law No: 107-71.
- civil aviation security, and related research and development activities;
- day-to-day Federal security screening operations for passenger air transportation and intrastate air transportation;
- policies, strategies, and plans for dealing with threats to transportation;
- domestic transportation during a national emergency, including aviation, rail, and other surface transportation
- management of security information, including notifying airport or airline security officers of the identity of individuals known to pose a risk of air piracy or terrorism or a threat to airline or passenger safety.
- Topic: Homeland Security
- Headline: Federalize aviation security
- Key for participation codes:
- Sponsorships: p=sponsored; o=co-sponsored; s=signed
- Memberships: c=chair; m=member; e=endorsed; f=profiled; s=scored
- Resolutions: i=introduced; w=wrote; a=adopted
- Cases: w=wrote; j=joined; d=dissented; c=concurred
- Surveys: '+' supports; '-' opposes.
participating in 01-S1447
||s1o||NY 2010 Democratic Primary Challenger; previously US Rep (TN)|
Total recorded by OnTheIssues: