This page contains excerpts from government reports, signed by elected officials.
Report: the National Energy Policy Development Group report:
Source: National Energy Policy report
The National Energy Policy builds on our nation’s successful track record and will promote further improvements in the productive and efficient use of energy. This report includes recommendations to:
- Direct federal agencies to take appropriate actions to responsibly conserve energy use at their facilities, especially during periods of peak demand in regions where electricity shortages are possible, and to report to the President on actions taken.
- Increase funding for renewable energy and energy efficiency research and development programs that are performance-based and cost-shared.
- Create an income tax credit for the purchase of hybrid and fuel cell vehicles to promote fuel-efficient vehicles.
Extend the Department of Energy’s “Energy Star ” efficiency program to include schools, retail buildings, health care facilities, and homes and extend the “Energy Star ” labeling program to additional products and appliances.
- Fund the federal government ’s Intelligent Transportation Systems program, the fuel cell powered transit bus program, and the Clean Buses program.
- Provide a tax incentive and streamline permitting to accelerate the development of clean Combined Heat and Power technology.
- Direct the Secretary of Transportation to review and provide recommendations on establishing Corporate Average Fuel Economy (CAFE)standards with due consideration to the National Academy of Sciences study of CAFE standards to be released in July, 2001.
Participating counts on VoteMatch question 18.
Question 18: Replace coal & oil with alternatives
Scores: -2=Strongly oppose; -1=Oppose; 0=neutral; 1=Support; 2=Strongly support.
- Topic: Energy & Oil
- Headline: Tax credits & more funding for renewable energy research
- Key for participation codes:
- Sponsorships: p=sponsored; o=co-sponsored; s=signed
- Memberships: c=chair; m=member; e=endorsed; f=profiled; s=scored
- Resolutions: i=introduced; w=wrote; a=adopted
- Cases: w=wrote; j=joined; d=dissented; c=concurred
- Surveys: '+' supports; '-' opposes.
participating in 01-NEPD1
Total recorded by OnTheIssues: