Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
by Cory Booker (2016)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
Books by and about the 2016 presidential election|
| What Happened ,|
by Hillary Clinton (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Hard Choices,|
by Hillary Clinton (2014)
| Becoming ,|
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
The leading investigation team for the social, mobile generation
(Click for external website)
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from CNN Kfile (number of quotes indicated):
- Donald Trump (1) Republican Presidential incumbent
- John Delaney (4) Maryland Democratic candidate for President; U.S. Rep from MD-6
- Pete Buttigieg (3) Indiana Democratic candidate for President; Mayor of Wouth Bend, IN
- Tulsi Gabbard (4) Hawaii Democratic candidate for President; U.S. Rep from HI-2
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
CNN's KFile digs up past statements which contrast with current statements from the same politicians.
The KFiles then asks the politican to explain their evolution or self-contradiction; OnTheIssues excerpts both the original statement (which is often long-hidden from public view) and the current explanation.
The KFiles focus on presidential contenders but also cover elected politicians, Cabinet members, and so on. Citations:
- "Gillibrand signed 2008 amicus brief in support of overturning DC handgun ban," by Andrew Kaczynski and Nathan McDermott, March 26, 2019
- "O`Rourke in 2012 said the US had an 'extravagant government',", by Andrew Kaczynski and Paul LeBlanc, March 19, 2019
- "Sanders in the 1970s urged nationalization of most major industries," by Andrew Kaczynski and Nathan McDermott, March 14, 2019
- "Takeaways from CNN's 2020 town halls at South by Southwest," by Eric Bradner and Dan Merica, March 11, 2019
- "Gabbard says deploying to the Middle East changed her views on LGBT rights," Eric Bradner, March 10, 2019
- "Biden in 1993 warned of 'predators on our streets'," by Andrew Kaczynski, March 7, 2019
- "Kamala Harris mischaracterizes policy on undocumented juveniles," by Nathan McDermott and Andrew Kaczynski, February 27, 2019
- "Trump's pick to lead the World Bank once described himself as 25-year opponent to the institution," by Andrew Kaczynski, February 14, 2019
- "Gillibrand went from pushing for more deportations to wanting to abolish ICE," by Andrew Kaczynski, January 31, 2019
- "Gillibrand: Previous immigration stances weren't 'empathetic'," by Devan Cole, January 20, 2019
- "Gabbard once touted working for anti-gay group that backed conversion therapy," by Andrew Kaczynski, January 17, 2019
- CNN KFile, "Hyde-Smith pushed resolution praising Confederate soldier's effort to 'defend his homeland'," by Eric Bradner and A.Kaczynski, Nov. 26, 2018
- "Republican accuses Democratic challenger of being OK with 'treason'," by Devan Cole, October 16, 2018
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Tulsi Gabbard: My time in the military changed my anti-gay views.
Tulsi Gabbard: I never personally supported gay conversion therapy.
Energy & Oil|
John Delaney: Bipartisan carbon tax bill, but not the Green New Deal.
John Delaney: Don't believe Putin about Russian 2016 election interference.
Donald Trump: Nominates opponent of World Bank to lead World Bank.
Tulsi Gabbard: End this new cold war and nuclear arms race.
Principles & Values|
John Delaney: Independently wealthy but grew up in a blue collar family.
Pete Buttigieg: Yes, young, but more government experience than Pres. Trump.
War & Peace|
Pete Buttigieg: Don't let Iraq war supporters plan Venezuela invasion.
Tulsi Gabbard: U.S. government lied to American people to launch Iraq War.
Welfare & Poverty|
John Delaney: Social justice is fine, but separate church and state.
Pete Buttigieg: Scripture is about protecting the stranger and the poor.
Click for quotations from other sources by:
- Donald Trump Republican Presidential incumbent
- John Delaney Maryland Democratic candidate for President; U.S. Rep from MD-6
- Pete Buttigieg Indiana Democratic candidate for President; Mayor of Wouth Bend, IN
- Tulsi Gabbard Hawaii Democratic candidate for President; U.S. Rep from HI-2
The above quotations are from CNN Kfile
The leading investigation team for the social, mobile generation.