Ed Perlmutter on Gun Control
Ban semi- automatics; require child-safety locks
Indicate which principles you support concerning gun issues.
Source: 1998 Colorado State National Political Awareness Test
, Nov 1, 1998
- Ban the sale or transfer of all forms of semi-automatic weapons.
- Require manufacturers to provide child-safety locks with firearms.
Ban large-capacity ammunition.
Perlmutter co-sponsored Large Capacity Ammunition Feeding Device Act
Amends the Brady Handgun Violence Prevention Act
Source: H.R.138&S.33 13-HR0138 on Jan 3, 2013
- to prohibit the transfer or possession of a large capacity ammunition feeding device, except for its lawful possession within the United States on or before the date of this Act's enactment; and
- the importation or bringing into the United States of such a device (with some exceptions).
- Identification Markings: Requires a large capacity ammunition feeding device manufactured after this Act's enactment to be identified by a serial number that clearly shows that the device was manufactured after enactment.
- Whoever knowingly violates this law shall be fined, imprisoned not more than 10 years, or both.
Page last updated: Jul 12, 2017