Green Party on Families & Children
Expand Head Start and Pre- and neo-natal programs
We call for social policies to focus on protecting families. The young--our citizens of tomorrow--are increasingly at risk. Programs must ensure that children, who are among the most vulnerable members of society, receive basic nutritional, educational,
and medical necessities. The Green Party supports and seeks to expand Head Start and Pre- and neo-natal programs. A Children’s Agenda should be put in place to focus attention and concerted action on the future that is our children.
Source: Green Party Platform adopted at 2004 National Convention
, Jun 30, 2004
Replace male domination with respect of difference of gender
Ten Key Values: (#7) Feminism
We have inherited a social system based on male domination of politics and economics. We call for the replacement of the cultural ethics of domination and control, with more cooperative ways of interacting
which respect differences of opinion and gender. Human values such as equity between the sexes, interpersonal responsibility, and honesty must be developed with moral conscience. 2
Source: Ten Key Values as ratified at 2003 Green Party Convention
, Nov 19, 2003
Support personal responsibility; teach dispute resolution
Source: Green Party Platform, at 2000 National Convention
, Jun 25, 2000
- PARENTAL RESPONSIBILITY should be encouraged by finding ways to help support parents in their efforts to help support their children as more families confront economic conditions
demanding a greater deal of time be spent away from home. Parents should be as involved as possible in their children’s education; values do start with parents.
- STUDENT RESPONSIBILITY is also key to developing intrinsic capabilities. Greens hold
strongly to empowerment of individuals; therefore, we support each student recognizing their own personal responsibility: to strive to achieve their fullest potential as an individual.
- We call for the teaching of non-violent
conflict resolution at all levels of education.
- Dispute resolution is an important part of resolving classroom or after-school disputes, and a life skill that all children should learn.
- Click here for definitions & background information for the Families & Children.
- Click here for VoteMatch responses for the Green Party.
Other political parties on Families & Children:
Green Party on other issues:
Natural Law Party
George W. Bush(R,2001-2009)
George Bush Sr.(R,1989-1993)
John F. Kennedy(D,1961-1963)
Harry S Truman(D,1945-1953)
American Civil Liberties Union
Page last updated: Jan 20, 2018