American Enterprise Institute column publications
Click here for 17 full quotes from John Bolton in the book AEI Scholars column.
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
EXPLANATION by OnTheIssues.org:
John R. Bolton is a Senior Fellow at the American Enterprise Institute, a conservative think tank.
John R. Bolton, a diplomat and a lawyer, has spent many years in public service.
From August 2005 to December 2006, he served as the U.S. permanent representative to the United Nations.
From 2001 to 2005, he was under secretary of state for arms control and international security.
At AEI, Ambassador Bolton's area of research is U.S. foreign and national security policy.
Bolton writes a periodic column (since 1997); some recent columns are summarized here.
The columns are often published elsewhere, but are posted permanently on www.aei.org.
-- Jesse Gordon, jesse@OnTheIssues.org, Sept. 2013
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Budget & Economy|
Cure for recession is increasing private-sector activity.
China falsely regulates pollution under Law of the Sea.
Support new sovereigntists against globalistas.
We need a president who believes in American exceptionalism.
US strength is not provocative, but restrains rogues.
North Korea is unnatural relic of post-WWII deal; reunify it.
International Criminal Court constrains U.S. freedom.
UN Arms Trade Treaty violates our Second Amendment freedoms.
UN Arms Trade Treaty is end-run around Congress.
No gun control via unwritten international law.
Publicizing US intelligence collection endangers lives.
"Nuclear zero" leaves US with dangerously low level of nukes.
Assimilate immigrants: not embarrassed by Americanization.
Don't impede advances in space technology, even if military.
War & Peace|
If you want peace, prepare for war.
Iraq is better off now than under Saddam.
Leaving Afghanistan is act of surrender in war on terror.
Click for quotations from other sources by:
- John Bolton
The above quotations are from American Enterprise Institute column publications.
2016 Presidential coverage (recent books by early contenders):
- American Dynasty: The House of Bush, by Kevin Phillips
- Bella's Gift, by Sen. Rick Santorum (R, PA)
- One Nation, by Ben Carson (R, MD)
- American Dreams, by Sen. Marco Rubio (R, FL)
- God, Guns, Grits, and Gravy, by Gov. Mike Huckabee (R, AR)
- Think Like a Champion, by CEO Donald Trump (R, NY)
- Tough Choices, by CEO Carly Fiorina (R, CA)
- Blue Collar Conservatives, by Sen. Rick Santorum (R, PA)
- The Way Forward, by Rep. Paul Ryan (R, WI)
- Unintimidated, by Gov. Scott Walker (R, WI)
- Outsider in the House, by Sen. Bernie Sanders (I, VT)
- A Fighting Chance, by Senator Elizabeth Warren (D, MA)
- The Tea Party Goes to Washington, by Senator Rand Paul (R,KY)
- All Things Possible, by Gov. Andrew Cuomo (D, NY)
- Take the Risk, by Dr. Ben Carson (R, MD)
- American Enterprise Institute columns, by Amb. John Bolton
- Obama is Endangering our Sovereignty, by John Bolton
- Surrender is Not an Option, by John Bolton
- The Tea Party Goes to Washington, by Sen. Rand Paul
- Chris Christie: The Inside Story of His Rise to Power
- Teachers Under Attack, biography of Chris Christie
- The Jersey Sting, biography of Chris Christie
- Young Guns, by Rep. Paul Ryan
- What Will It Take to Make A Woman President?, by Marianne Schnall