State of Texas Archives: on Energy & Oil
Open the Gulf; more hydro-fracking; less "green" energy
End the Wasteful Obama Green Energy Gravy Train
Dewhurst Plan: Develop America's Massive Domestic Energy Resources
- End taxpayer bailouts to companies like Solyndra, which declared bankruptcy after receiving $535 million in grants.
- Stop President Obama's "energy cronyism" of giving federal grants to donors.
Stop feasting on taxpayer dollars for pet "Green" energy products, which don't make good commercial sense and never make it to consumers.
Source: 2012 Senate Campaign website, dewhurstfortexas.com, "Issues"
Mar 25, 2012
- Fully develop and utilize America's
abundant energy resources.
- Stop interfering with hydro-fracking of oil and gas wells, which is completely safe, and streamline oil and natural gas drilling regulations to allow more drilling.
- Aggressively re-open Gulf of Mexico to oil and gas
exploration with sensible safeguards in place.
- Stop playing "political football" with the Keystone pipeline.
- Open new markets for liquefied natural gas and encourage the building of ports and other facilities that can handle LNG exports.
Elizabeth Ames Jones:
America needs America's energy
I support policies that will put America on a path to true energy security and acknowledge the reality that we will continue to need a diverse mix of resources, including hydrocarbons, to fuel our economy.
I support the responsible development of
America's energy resources including opening new areas for the exploration of oil and gas. The fact is, America needs America's energy.
A sensible plan depends on the can-do attitude of the American people rather than the government-knows-best attitude
Source: 2012 Senate campaign website, www.jonesfortexas.com
Jul 17, 2011
Alternative non-carbon, non-nuclear energy sources
Roland supports the following principles regarding Environment and Energy
Issues: “Support alternative non carbon, non nuclear energy sources, especially solar power satellites.”
Source: Texas Congressional Election 2008 Political Courage Test
May 2, 2008
Supports alternative fuel plus traditional sources
Castro indicates support of the following principles regarding energy.
Source: Texas 2006 Congressional National Political Awareness Test
Nov 1, 2006
- Promote increased use of alternative fuel technology.
- Support increased production of traditional domestic energy sources (e.g. coal, natural gas, and oil).
Use state funds to clean up former industrial and commercial sites that are contaminated, unused, or abandoned.
- Increase funding for improvements to TX power generating and transmission facilities.
- Support funding for open space preservation.
Page last updated: Dec 17, 2013