State of Rhode Island Archives: on Crime
Tackle human trafficking and strip clubs
Violence in our communities threatens to undermine R.I.'s economic recovery. When children witness domestic violence, it makes it harder to learn in school. And we must do more to prevent the human trafficking that has made its way to the front pages of
our newspapers. As governor, Gina will:
Source: 2014 R.I. Gubernatorial campaign website, GinaRaimondo.com
Nov 4, 2014
- Improve our state's domestic violence response procedures to focus on reducing violence against women.
- Tackle human trafficking and enact stricter penalties on strip clubs and similar establishments.
Supports capital punishment
Q: Do you support capital punishment for certain crimes?
Q: Do you support reduced prison sentences for non-violent offenders?
Q: Do you support mandatory prison sentences for selling illegal drugs?
Source: R.I. Congressional 2010 PVS Political Courage Test
Nov 1, 2010
End parole for repeat violent offenders
Indicate which principles you support regarding crime.
Source: 2004 R.I. Gubernatorial National Political Awareness Test
Nov 7, 2004
- Increase state funds for construction of state prisons and for hiring of additional prison staff.
- Support programs to provide prison inmates with vocational and job-related skills
and job-placement assistance when released.
- End parole for repeat violent offenders.
- Minors accused of a violent crime should be prosecuted as adults.
- Increase state funding for social agencies in areas with at-risk youth.
Page last updated: Sep 08, 2016