State of Mississippi Archives: on Budget & Economy
Immoral to saddle our grandchildren with this much debt
Question topic: Free enterprise and the right to private property turn mankind's natural self interest into the fairest and most productive economic system there is, and are the key to national prosperity.
McDaniel: Strongly Agree.
Question topic: Briefly list political or legislative issues of most concern to you.
McDaniel: Ending deficit spending. It is immoral to saddle our children and grandchildren with this much debt.
Source: Faith2Action iVoterGuide on 2014 Mississippi Senate race
Jul 2, 2014
Era of big spending is over; age of appropriations must end
The primary could offer insight into fundamental questions about the Republican Party: whether longevity and clout in a Deep South state that has venerated such qualities are enough to overcome national trends toward limited-government conservatism.
Chris McDaniel has sought to seize on the new antispending fervor, casting Cochran--who has delivered billions of dollars in federal spending projects to his impoverished state--as an avatar of a bygone political culture. "The national debt is the
greatest moral crisis of this generation," McDaniel said. "So, let's go forth from this place making it perfectly clear that the era of big spending is over. The age of appropriations must end."
After Cochran announced his re-election bid Friday, the
Club for Growth, who have endorsed McDaniel, put out a statement that criticized the senator for his support of earmarked spending projects, for bailing out Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac and for raising the federal debt limit.
Source: New York Times on 2014 Mississippi Senate race
Dec 6, 2013
Those in D.C. don't appear to be listening
Thad Cochran voted for the budget compromise to reopen the federal government--giving any potential opponent fodder for attacks. "There are those in D.C. that don't appear to be listening,"
McDaniel said in the statement announcing his candidacy. "We stand today ready to restore this republic." [The endorsing groups commented]:
Source: Politico.com on 2014 Mississippi Senate debate
Oct 17, 2013
- "Cochran supports earmarks and crossed over to vote with Democrats on a host of issues.
There are those like Senator Ted Cruz who not only vote with conservatives, but give voice to liberty-loving citizens across the country. Then there are those like Thad Cochran who are completely missing in action in the fight against ObamaCare."
- "Chris McDaniel has the courage to stand up to the big spenders in both parties."
- "Chris McDaniel is ready to take the fight straight to the liberals in Washington who have led us to $17 trillion in debt."
Attract new businesses; develop existing ones
We have a bold, new plan for economic growth in all 82 counties: rural and urban, agricultural and industrial.
Source: 2001 State of the State Address to Mississippi legislature
Jan 4, 2001
- The impact of the Advantage Mississippi Initiative has already been measured by the success of attracting Nissan.
The Advantage Mississippi Initiative established a rural development office responsible for targeting smaller communities and manufacturers.
- With the new Capital Access Program, more Mississippi entrepreneurs than ever will have access
to the resources they need to start small businesses across our state.
- By maximizing specific capabilities and assets, the On-TARGET Community Certification Program can assist local communities recruit, retain and grow businesses tailored to their
- But donít forget, we have a commitment to businesses that are already here in Mississippi, and we are just as committed to helping them thrive and prosper.
Page last updated: Sep 07, 2016